Basic and proud guys! I love the fall. The weather that’s not yet frigid, but comfortable to hike in. The leggings and big sweaters. The soup and ALL THE PUMPKIN EVERYTHING.
From the most indulgent treats to the healthier, but still delicious items, the taste of pumpkin, pumpkin spice and usually cream cheese makes me a very happy girl. So when I began to craft my next recipe, I had no idea which way to turn. But then… it hit me.
I have been playing around with casein recipes since I started drinking this miracle bedtime protein. What is casein you ask? It’s part of the milk protein that most people are familiar with. Whey makes up about 20% of the milk, while casein the other 80%. It is slow digesting and people often drink it at night to help with recovery and prevent muscle loss. Best effects is that you sleep like a baby! I’ve tried a few different brands, but my favorite so far has been Dymatize, and their cinnamon roll flavor has so much potential for recipes.
This recipe turned out so tasty and has already made the rounds a few times in the rotation. Plus, it’s super quick and easy to make! Casein tends to make things dense, but the pumpkin lightens it up and makes it nice and fluffy. Now, they’re not the prettiest looking muffins… As they cool down they will look a bit crinkly, but eating a protein treat that doesn’t have that artificial taste is a rare, well… treat!
October 6, 2018